Do you want to help meet the tangible needs of nonprofits? Thrive on building relationships with a variety of audiences? Enjoy working in a fast-paced, active role? If so, apply to join the United Way team as Community Services Manager. In this role, you will assist with the daily operation of our Give Items of Value (GIV) warehouse. The GIV program accepts in-kind donations from local companies and national retailers that are available to nonprofits for free. Donations range from office furniture and supplies to housewares, hygiene items, holiday décor and much more. Last year, 188 nonprofits visited GIV and obtained $1.19 million worth of free goods, which helped lower their overhead expenses and funnel more financial resources into programming to meet the needs of their clients. This role also serves as an integral part of our disaster response services.
- Maintain the organization of merchandise located in the warehouse, coordinate volunteer groups, assist with merchandise pick-up
- Promote and coordinate appointments for not-for-profit agencies to visit the warehouse and request donated items.
- Oversight of the warehouse operations in the event the Director of Community Services is not available
- Assists the Director of Community Services with emergency management response
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Full-time, primarily Monday-Friday during normal business hours; however some flexibility is required to occasionally be available early mornings, evenings or weekends.
- Position is carried out primarily in a warehouse environment. Extended period of standing is required, along with ability to lift up to 60 pounds.
- Prior warehouse job experience of at least 1 year
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to operate a box-truck, pallet jack, and forklift
- Excellent driving record
- Proficiency using computers, including MS Office, the Internet, and previous experience working inventory management
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong relationship and team-building skills
- Proven critical thinking skills
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Capable of working effectively with limited supervision
HOW TO APPLY
The position will remain open until filled. To apply, email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Learn more about what it means to work at United Way:
The United Way of the Plains is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.