Guided by the overall strategic vision for the Financial Stability Impact area for United Way of the Plains, the Financial Stability Coordinator will guide community members as they navigate to financial stability. This position will be responsible for delivering financial education, digital financial literacy, and financial coaching/counseling to the community. As part of this work, the Financial Stability Coordinator will engage in community engagement activities, as assigned, with both the VITA Free Tax Preparation Program and the Bank On ICT Coalition. Through the involvement with these two programs, the Financial Stability Coordinator will convene and collaborate with area financial educators to close gaps in financial services and resources to the community.
Successful applicants in this role will possess strong interpersonal skills. The ability to connect with individuals and have a strong, yet gentle, communication style for the purpose of professional coaching and financial education is key to the success of this role.
Applicants for this role should also possess a foundational knowledge of personal finance and financial systems, deliver stellar customer service, and are successful in bringing groups of individuals together to address financial needs.
The Financial Stability Coordinator will report to the Community Impact Manager for Financial Stability.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Provide financial empowerment services to area agencies and community members.
- Deliver financial education materials to the community through group sessions, individual counseling/coaching, and community events.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for community members being served.
- Assist in the planning and execution of events with area agencies and the community to provide financial education, resource navigation, and one-on-one financial counseling.
- Assist with issue-based collaborations within the Financial Stability focus area.
- Convene a committee of area financial educators, counselors, coaches, and mentors as part of the Bank On ICT Coalition.
- Attend and participate in activities with the Bank On ICT Coalition.
- Attend and participate in activities with the VITA Program.
- Assist in gathering and reporting on relevant data to support strategic outcomes that align with the Financial Stability Impact Area.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Associate’s degree or 2 years relevant work experience in personal finance, banking, customer service, social work, or mental health care.
- Proficiency in using computers, including MS Office, the internet, and databases.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship and team-building skills.
- Proven critical thinking skills.
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Capable of working effectively with limited supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
NON-NEGOTIABLE HIRING CRITERIA
- Naturally curious and self-motivated in a never-ending pursuit of continuous improvement.
- Ability to interact in a positive way with individuals and groups.
- Must be flexible and multitask oriented; can adapt to changing priorities.
- Can work independently and responsibly while managing numerous projects simultaneously.
- Dependable and reliable to meet deadlines; remains calm under pressure.
- Lead by personal example; your word is your bond.
- Possess excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills.
- Helps create a work environment that embraces and appreciates diversity.
HOW TO APPLY
Submit your cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “Financial Stability Coordinator” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: For priority consideration, apply by Nov. 15, 2023; position will remain open until filled.
United Way of the Plains is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.