WICHITA, Kan., Jan. 5, 2022 — United Way of the Plains has elected new officers and welcomed seven new members to the 2022 board of directors.
The new directors are:
- Gene Camarena, President of La Raza Pizza, Inc.
- Margaret Dechant, CEO, Partner and Wealth Advisor at 6 Meridian
- Kevin Matthies, SVP Chief Technology and Quality Officer at Spirit AeroSystems
- Dr. William Polite Jr., Director of Equity, Diversity & Accountability at Wichita Public Schools
- Moji Rosson, Director of Growth Strategies for Meritrust Credit Union
- Sue Tirukonda, CFP, Financial Advisor at Cordell Wealth Management
- Johnathan Weigand, Director of Strategic Initiatives for J.P. Weigand & Sons, Inc.
United Way of the Plains President and CEO Pete Najera said the organization will benefit from the expertise each of the new directors brings to the board. “We are very honored that these community leaders have chosen to share their knowledge with us and add their supportive voices to our initiatives. Each of them is well respected in the community and in the industries they represent. They are all passionate about lending their support to those in need and they share our vision for improving the lives of everyone in our region.”
Additionally, Jodi Noah, VP and Controller at Textron Aviation, was elected to serve as the 2022 board chair. Noah said, “I am grateful to follow in the footsteps of Steve Dixon and the wonderful leadership he provided our board as we introduced new initiatives to improve our community. As we wrap up our 99th year as a Wichita institution in 2022, I look forward to helping our team do more to advance the common good and celebrate our 100th year of service to south central Kansas.”
Najera said he is confident this year’s board leadership will help increase the organization’s impact. “Our latest group of officers is enthusiastic about the work that was accomplished in 2021 and they are excited to contribute towards our goal in reaching more of those in need in 2022. Their collective experience, wisdom, and love for our community will help us expand our reach, improve our impact, and do more to advance the common good.”
See unitedwayplains.org for a complete listing of the 2022 Board of Directors and to learn more about the organization’s mission.