WICHITA, Kan., Feb. 18, 2022 – On Monday, Feb. 21, 265 Credit Union of America employees will spend the national holiday making comfort kits for children in crisis, blankets for homeless teens, chemo care bags for children receiving chemotherapy and backpacks with school supplies for teachers.
Event: Special Community Service Project During Annual Training
When: Monday, Feb. 21, 2022; 11 – 11:45 a.m.
Where: Drury Inn, 400 West Douglas, Wichita
- 150 teacher appreciation backpacks for teachers in USD 259 – Wichita Public Schools
- 100 comfort kits for kids in crisis for the Wichita Police Department to distribute (WPD officers will be on hand to accept the comfort kits)
- 100 chemo care bags for children receiving chemotherapy treatment at Wesley Children’s Hospital
- 20 fleece tie blankets for homeless teens
It’s a Presidents Day tradition for Credit Union of America employees to participate in volunteer community projects as part of their annual company-wide training. United Way of the Plains Volunteer Center arranged projects this year to benefit area children, teachers and homeless teens.
Headquartered in Wichita, Kan., Credit Union of America was officially chartered by a small group of teachers on March 6, 1935. The not-for-profit financial institution has locations in Wichita, Derby, Salina, Goddard, Great Bend, Pratt and Hutchinson.
United Way of the Plains is a nonprofit and for-impact organization that focuses on health, education, financial stability and basic needs – the building blocks for a good quality of life and a strong community. Our mission is to improve lives by harnessing the caring power of our community to advance the common good in south central Kansas. Follow us on these social media channels: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn and TikTok.
- Angie Prather, Vice President of Marketing and Chief Community Engagement Officer, (316) 267-1321, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Glenda Burkett, Corporate Giving and Communications Director, Credit Union of America, (316) 265-3272, Ext. 139, GlendaB@cuofamerica.com