Same Mission, New Names
From 1943 – 1946, the name was temporarily changed to Community War Chest.
From 1946 – 1957, the Red Feather was adopted as a symbol of member agencies. Campaigns were often referred to as Red Feather Campaigns.
In 1957 the name was changed to United Fund of Wichita and Sedgwick County.
In 1975, the name, United Way of Wichita and Sedgwick County, was adopted.
The name changed again in 1987 to the current name, United Way of the Plains.
In Dec. 2019, Cowley County United Way merged into United Way of the Plains.