WICHITA, Kan., Jan. 9, 2024 — United Way of the Plains has elected new officers and welcomed new members to the 2024 board of directors.
The new directors who will serve three-year terms are:
- Lindsi Fulcher, Diversity & Inclusion Officer, Emprise Bank
- John Trowbridge, Senior Vice President of Business Development, AGH
- Bradley White, Senior Vice President of Global Programs, Textron Aviation
The new directors who will serve one-year terms are:
- Ricki Ellison, Director of Talent, Workforce Development, and Community Engagement, Greater Wichita Partnership
- MaeLauren Hudson, Wealth Advisor, 6 Meridian
- Jesse Romo, Director of Airports, City of Wichita
United Way of the Plains President & CEO, Pete Najera, said the nonprofit organization welcomes the expertise and energy the newest board members bring to the organization. “These community leaders will be actively involved in fundraising, volunteering and providing input into how we can continue to improve our community impact. We’re grateful for their dedication to advocating for those in need.”
Najera added, “We’re fortunate to continue our tradition of exceptional board leadership as we welcome Walter Berry as our 2024 Chair. He is well-known throughout the region for his support of nonprofits. He and his family have been strong supporters of United Way of the Plains for many decades.”
The list of 2024 Committee Chairs includes:
- Chair – Walter Berry, Executive Chairman, Berry Companies
- Vice Chair – Jennifer Szambecki, Shared Services Leader, Hutton
- Treasurer/Finance Chair – Sue Tirukonda, Financial Advisor, Cordell Wealth Management
- Immediate Past Chair – Craig Anderson, Community Volunteer
- Community Investment Chair – Gene Camarena, President, La Raza Pizza, Inc.
- Resource Development Chair – Doug Ledbetter, Americas Integrated Service Delivery Leader and Wichita Office Managing Partner, Ernst and Young LLP
- Governance Chair – Moji Rosson, Director of Grown Strategies and Community Impact, Meritrust Credit Union
- Strategic Planning Chair – Bobby Gandu, AVP for Strategic Enrollment Management & Director of Admissions, Wichita State University
Najera said, “2023 was a remarkable year since we had the opportunity to celebrate100 years of serving our community. We look forward to continuing to collaborate with our partners to assist our neighbors and provide them with the building blocks for a thriving life.”
See unitedwayplains.org for a complete listing of the 2024 Board of Directors and to learn more about the organization’s mission.
Click on the photo to download.